Vacancies at Oncopeptides AB:
Medical Manager located in France/Spain/Italy
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company developing drugs for the treatment of cancer. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen (Ygalo®), an alkylating peptide, belonging to a new class of drugs (Peptidase Enhanced Compounds – PEnCs). Melflufen (Ygalo®) is intended as an effective treatment of hematological cancers, and in particular multiple myeloma. The goal with the current clinical study program is to demonstrate better results from treatment with melflufen (Ygalo®) compared with established alternative drugs for patients with late-stage multiple myeloma. Melflufen (Ygalo®) will potentially provide physicians with a new treatment option for patients suffering from this serious disease. Oncopeptides was established in 2000 with headquarter in Stockholm, Sweden. Today the company consists of 50 coworkers in Europe and USA.
We are looking for a Medical Manager to join our Medical Relations team, currently consisting of 8 people.
The position is a fulltime consultancy assignment and you will report to our Director of Medical Affairs Europe. The role is field-based with a home-office preferably located in France, Spain or Italy, and both national & international travelling are required.
The Medical Manager is responsible for supporting execution of Medical Relations’ strategy in order to support the development, launch and market commercialization of Oncopeptides AB’s molecule. The Medical Manager role requires excellent cross-functional collaboration and customer orientation skills.
- Working closely with the Medical Relation functions to support the country specific launch strategies and programs
- Design and execute external and internal educational activities, and demonstrate they are of high scientific quality and standard
- Provide support and implementation for several activities in national and international congresses, meetings and workshops
- Review national material for compliance
- Contribute with competitive intelligence and reporting to the medical and commercial teams
- Create logs for external medical inquiries, preparing and delivering of correct responses
- Provide scientific training for internal colleagues in cross-functional settings as required
- Support of publication plans covering regional data
- Facilitate and support clinical or translational investigators according to all relevant regulations, ICH-GCP and internal SOPs
- Support to health economic analyses/studies if applicable
- Provide non-promotional scientific presentations as required
- Develop solid partnerships with different stakeholders
- Act as an initial discussion partner for external research groups in academic research proposals
Required Background, Skills, and Knowledge
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge in hematology associated scientific literature and maintain constant knowledge
- Solid collaboration and teamwork inter-personal characteristics
- Independent, creative and goal oriented
- Extensive experience from developing and/or implementing Medical strategies during launch phase
- Previous knowledge of Hematology / Oncology field is highly preferred
- Skills in establishing long lasting relationships with different working groups, societies and other stakeholders
- Excellent skills in English and regional language(s)
We are looking for a person with higher scientific qualification e.g. MD, PhD or PharmD with experience in Hematology and/or Oncology.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than 25th of November 2018. Start-date will be according to agreement. All enquiries are treated confidentially and will be handled in accordance with GDPR.
For further information regarding the role please contact Nina Nupponen, Director of Medical Affairs Europe on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Sara Svärdgren HR on phone +46 70 978 99 87 or e-mail email@example.com.